Styled Shoot: Dreamy & Romantic
Derrick Taylor uses England from Blue by Enzoani
14 Jul 2014
We can’t get enough of this romantic and dreamy styled shoot captured by Jonathan Gonzalez and styled by Derrick Taylor! The team used vintage elements such as pops of red color in the roses and the lips to add a Victorian element. They even topped it off with pearl earrings and a necklace for the finishing touches. By using red roses, the aura of love and romance is created in a striking manner. Interesting fact: During the Victorian era, men used roses to express feelings that they did not wish to express vocally.
The England dress from Enzoani’s Blue Collection is the definition of classy. The lace ¾ sleeve and A-line style exudes grace. The details such as the lace bodice and beaded waistband make the dress even better. Not to mention, the tulle overlay skirt with the lace appliqués makes the gown sparkle!
Outdoor venues are absolutely beautiful for your wedding day, but we know that some brides get nervous about what could happen to their gown. We compiled a list of tips to alleviate any OWA (outdoor wedding anxiety)!
- ALWAYS keep your hands clean. This is the golden rule of your wedding day because dirty hands are the biggest culprit for spots on your dress.
- Consider putting a sheet under your dress if you are simply shooting outdoors. You can do this by cutting a hole in the middle of a white sheet and then picking up the sides of the sheet to protect the dress when it comes time to move locations. We give this tip an A+!
- Avoid red wine at all costs!
- Most people would agree that it’s best to avoid putting product on stains from the dirt and grass because it typically only makes it worse.
- Consider using an aisle runner to protect the dress even more.
Fashion stylist | Derrick Taylor
Makeup | Ericka Leann of Perfectly Me
Photographer | Gonzalez J. Photography & Design Studio
Model | Serina Wilson